Saturday, June 13, 2020

The Water Dancer by Ta-Nehisi Coates

I will never look at the Underground Railroad the same way again. Mr Coates brought it to life in a way that other authors have not. The prose is lyrical and pulls you in . It makes the Underground Railroad real in a way that we should all care about.
I felt the author created characters and situation that felt real and, more importantly deliverable.This book made me think about what the railroad was and the role that Harriet Tubman, and others, played in the creation and execution of it. This is a topic that I wished the schools has taught more about when I was in school. Mr. Coates taught me something and changed the way I though about that period in our history. In the end this is a what a good book should do. I encourage everyone to read it. It is a great book !

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Silence by Jessica Gergson

I almost didn't read this book but boy am I glad that I did !  After Silence  is a dark book, as is much of  the world right now. The st...